Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Reversed Dragon


diagram

Reversed Dragon

The Kenilworth Chess Club held a Theme Tournament on May 4, 2006, featuring the Reversed Dragon. All games were required to begin 1.c4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.g3 d5 4.cxd5 Nxd5 5.Nf3 Nc6. I have posted the seven games I have from the event with some light notes, along with a second page of Reversed Dragon Games (chosen quite subjectively and not fully representative, but all interesting). I think it was a great system for a theme event, since it definitely gave lots of chances for both sides. I also think the Reversed Dragon English would make a great system for anyone looking for a new opening--especially anyone who also plays the Accelerated Dragon as Black, since there are lots of similarities in the structures.

I had posted some useful links in advertising the event. And I notice that Pete Tamburro has done a great intro lecture on the line at ChessFM, where he also describes this as a great "opening for amateurs."

No comments: