|White to play and win.|
Friday, June 14, 2013
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Kenilworth Chess Club's annual Summer Tournament starts tomorrow. It is definitely one of the most fun events in the calendar, with lots of opportunities to meet and play the other members of the club. The tournament was a big success last year with 22 participants. I expect to play. Here are the details:
- Not rated
- Entry Fee is $5.00.
- The tournament will run from June 13 through August 29.
- The time control is G/60. G/55;d5 is allowed if both players agree.
- You may play anyone in the tournament. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated player has white, in subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you can win.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.