- Just uncovered - the Fischer archives
Seems Bobby was giving advice to Viktor, Garry, Peter, and Veselin during their championship bids.
- Special Announcement: I'm Moving Back to Hungary
Seems Susan Polgar wants to represent Hungary in the Olympics -- and perhaps quietly avoid the Truong recall and the mess at the USCF.
- Babe Ruth 1-0 Capablanca (also Rare Loss for Capablanca)
Seems the Bambino was a slugger at the board as well.
- Kasparov Elected President of Russia
Tom Panelas's Ray School Blog is looking more impressive every day, so it does not surprise me that he is alone in breaking this important story.
- Proof Found of Game-Fixing in the Kasparov-Karpov Matches
The Chess Mind reports that championship chess is really more like Pro Wrestling than we know.
- Time to Move On
Polly is giving up on chess and blogging...not!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
There are a few good chess hoaxes to greet us this morning. Ah, if only some of them were true!