I have posted analysis of Carlos Torre's two games from the Alrick H. Man Vienna Gambit Theme Tournament with Spielmann's favorite line 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.f4 d5 4.fxe5 Nxe4 5.Qf3!? Analysis suggests that it is an interesting alternative to the standard 5.Nf3, if not quite as strong.
|Position after 5.Qf3!?|
As this completes my analysis of the Vienna Gambit and of the nine games from the tournament, I have also posted a Complete Tournament Games and Vienna Gambit Analysis (PGN) which includes all of the games previously annotated plus two additional games. I hope my analysis is useful to those who would want to try out this interesting opening.
- The Critical Line of the Vienna Gambit
- Torre and Marshall Victories over the Vienna
- Vienna Gambit Traps from the Alrick H. Man
- The Alrick H. Man Vienna Gambit Theme Tournament
- The Dimock Theme Tournaments and the Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Torre - Norwood, Alrick H. Man Theme Tournament
- Vienna Gambit (C29) Bibliography