Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Club Tournament Director

My tournament director package came this weekend, and I am now an official Club TD. That means I can run tournaments of under 50 participants or assist with other events. When I sent in my application, I had assumed I'd have to take and submit a test before becoming official, but they seem to have done away with that requirement for the entry-level TD.

I hope other people from the club will take the same easy step to become TDs, which will make it easier for us to run rated events without putting all the burden on the few TD members. The application form is available online at:
http://www.uschess.org/about/forms/CERTIFIEDTDFORM.pdf

Download it, fill it in, and then send it to the NEW USCF address (and not the one printed on it -- though if you make that mistake it should get there eventually):

US Chess
RE: Tournament Director Application
PO Box 3967
Crossville, TN 38557

For more information about being a TD, check out the TDs area of the USCF website.

No comments: