Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ian Simpson's Chess Site


Ian Simpson's Chess Site is worth a visit if, like me, you are interested in playing the Open Games as White in the most open way possible, by gambiting a pawn with d4 and playing Bc4, as in the Danish, Scotch, Italian, and Urusov Gambits.  Simpson (aka "SWJediknight" on the Chesspublishing.com forum) offers you a useful repertoire in these complex lines based on research and his own insights.  His comments on the Urusov, which take issue with or build on my own analysis in places, were especially interesting to me as I have been re-examining the opening since my lecture last year.  More in a future post.

2 comments:

quickturtle said...

Great find ! Thanks for posting the link. And oh,

The Urusov Lives !! :)

gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

sehr guter Kommentar