Saturday, February 05, 2011

Another McDonnell - La Bourdonnais Attack

White to play.  What's the best plan of attack?
I have annotated the game Goeller - Sherer, Kenilworth CC Championship 2011, from the fourth round of the club championship played Thursday night.  It was my second McDonnell - La Bourdonnais Attack (1.e4 e6 2.f4) of this tournament, and a very complex and interesting game.  Of course, it probably could have been even better if I didn't have to play the second half of it with less than a minute plus 5 second increment on my clock.  I definitely have to work on my time management!  But despite my time challenge, I still managed to pull off a win, putting me in contention for the championship next week in a final round game with tournament leader Ken Chieu.

1 comment:

Beverly Hills Chess Club said...

Great form of attack. I'm sure it will take you very far.