General Articles and Videos
Lasker's Defense to the Queen's Gambit Declined at the Kenilworth CC website
Based on a series of lectures by FM Steve Stoyko at the Kenilworth Chess Club, this article presents a complete Queen's Gambit repertoire for Black centered on Lasker's Defense. This may be the most complete article on the Lasker's Defense available on the web and it includes an extensive bibliography of print sources. Recommended lines often diverge from standard theory to make the Lasker's Defense into more of an active weapon than a drawing line. This article is a condensed version of several other articles which can be found on the Articles page of the Kenilworth Chess Club website under "Queen's Gambit."
- Krush-Zatonskih, US Women's Championship 2009 annotated by Lubomir KavalekA nice win by Zatonskih, aided by Krush's errors. You can play over the game online from Chessgames.
- Krush-Zatonskih, US Women's Championship 2009 annotated by Ben Finegold at St. Louis CC website A nice java replay with annotations (many the same or similar to those at ChessVibes)
- Zatonskih Clinches 2nd Consecutive U.S. Women's Championship Title at ChessVibesIncludes java replay of the game Krush - Zatonskih, annotated by Chris Bird and Ben Finegold based on discussion with the players.
- Karpov - Yusupov Match by Jeremy SilmanSome useful general commentary on the use of the Lasker's Defense in the Karpov - Yusupov match.
- A Selection of Kramnik's Games at ChessCountryFeatures the game Kramnik-Lutz, Germany 1994, with annotations.
Topalov - Anand, World's Championship, Game 12
Topalov - Anand, Queen's Gambit Declined, Lasker Defense (D56), 0-1This game, with which Anand retained the world title, is surely a major reason for resurgent interest in Lasker's Defense. It is now widely annotated.
- Giri on Game Twelve by Anish Giri at ChessBase
- World Championship, Game 12 annotated by Dennis Monokroussos
- Sofia R12 at ChessBase
- Chessdom on Game 12 with Alexandra Kosteniuk and others commenting live
- Anand Keeps World Championship Title by Alexandra Kosteniuk
- Anand - Topalov World Championship Game 12 by Mark Crowther at TWIC
- Anand Wins Championship by Jack Peters for the LA Times
- Anand Beats Topalov, Retains World Title at ChessVibes with game
- Campeonato Mundial, Partida 12 by Antonio Torrecillas
- Polgar: World Chess Champion Successfully Defends His Title by Susan Polgar at Lubbock Online.
- With One Blunder, Challenger Lets Champion Keep Title by Dylan Loeb McClain in The New York Times
- Queen's Gambit Declined, Lasker's Defense (D57) at Chessgames.com A useful site for checking out some games with the line.