It's not too late to join the 61st New Jersey Open, A Heritage Event, which starts today or tomorrow (if you choose the faster schedule) and runs through Monday, September 3 at the Somerset Ramada Inn, 60 Cottontail Lane, Somerset NJ, Exit 12 off I-287, Weston Canal Road (732.560.9880) -- see map here. I recommend at least dropping by to check out the booksellers and the action. Last year's tournament was won by NM Evan Ju, as covered in these pages.
2007 NJ Open Tournament Info
- Grand Prix Points: 50 Enhanced
- Pairings: 6 Round Swiss System, in four sections, with 2 or 3 day playing schedules.
- Time Limits: 40/2, SD/1
- Open: EF: $80 at site. No re-entries in Open section. $$ 600-450-350-300-200-100, top Exp. & A $100 each, trophies to NJ Champion, top Exp. & A.
- Lower 3 sections: EF: $75 at site, $40 re-entry after round #2. U1900: $$ 500-300-200-100, top class B $100 & trophy. U1600: $$ 500-300-200-100, top class D $100 & trophy. U1300: $$ 500-300-200-100, trophies top class E & Unrated. Former C players may not win first in U1300. All sections: Trophies to top three. Unrated may not win first prize except in Open. 3-day schedule: Reg. 9/1, 9 am-11 am.
- Rounds: Sat. 12-7, Sun. 11-6, Mon. 9:30-4. 2-day schedule: Reg. 9/2, 9-10:30 am. Rds.: Sun. 1-3 (G/45) 11 am then ASAP with short breaks. Schedules merge in round 4. Two half-point byes permitted in rounds 1-5, if requested before round #1.
- TD: Ken Thomas (908) 763-6468, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All prizes guaranteed. No ear covering. NS. NC. W.